Building Coaching Through a Mentorship Program
Are you ready to begin your journey as an agile coach? Are you already a coach who is looking to grow your mindset and skillset? Are you in an organization and want to see its agility go to the next level? If so, invest just 45 minutes in this experience report about growing coaching within an organization.
Building coaching skills isn't the exclusive domain of a multi-day training session. In fact, the best way to build a new skills is to gradually introduce them over time and use intentional practice to build those new skills into a habit. This session is based on running coach mentorship programs that spread the learning and practice over a period of months.
Questions we will answer in this session include:
- Why is a coach mentorship program integral to growing an organziation's agility?
- What are some mistakes to avoid when creating a coach mentorship program?
- How can intentional practice be integrated into a coach mentorship program?
- What can be done to have an effective program where participants are in different time zones?
- How do you build support for investing time and money into a coach mentorship program?
You will leave this session with a set of practical tips for setting up your own coach mentorship program.
While this experience report is based on multiple iterations of building a Coach Mentorship Program within a Fortune 500 company, the lessons apply to an organization of any size.