Emotional Intelligence a critical aspect of Agile Transformation
Enough articles and literature is now available on challenges faced by organization and people during Agile Transformation. One of the biggest challenge is peoples mindset. People do all work, agile transformation will demand org change from top to bottom. However, the question is does everyone is well equipped to handle this change. Emotional Intelligence one of the most important but highly ignored element in IT or software industry and so forth during such huge transformation.
Having better understanding of Emotional Intelligence will help everyone in organization to tackle Agile transformation far better way than one doesn’t have knowledge and skills of Emotional Intelligence.
These are components of Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness, Self-Regulations, Motivation, Empathy and Social Skills. Research shows that one can work on improving emotional intelligence. This talk will provide guidance how to use Emotional Intelligence at work especially mapped in context of Agile Transformation.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Introduction and Icebreaker
- Agile Transformation Challenges
- People Mindset
- What is Emotional Intelligence
- IQ, EQ, PQ, SQ
- EI is perhaps the most crucial detriment of success in the workplace,
- Increasing your Emotional Intelligence
- It’s always possible to improve EI
- Developing High Self- Awareness
- High self-awareness, basic building blocks of EI
- Low self-awareness, how it handicaps your actions
- How to increase Self-awareness
- Managing Your Emotions
- The component of Emotional System
- Thoughts, Physiological Changes and Behaviors work for you
- Become a good problem solver
- Managing positive emotions
- Motivating Yourself
- Motivation is the key to start and stay with task
- Sources of motivation
- How to deal with setback and create comeback
- Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Using Sensitivity
- Team Communication
- Developing Interpersonal Expertise
- What makes a relationship
- How to analyze a relationship
- How to communication at appropriate levels
- How to use the different levels effectively
- Helping Others Help Themselves
- Benefit others, you and the organization
- Keep your emotional prospective
- Know how to calm on out of control person
- Be a supportive listener
- Helping others plan their goals and reach them
- Moving towards the emotionally intelligent organization
Key Take away from session –
Increasing your emotional intelligence and managing your emotions.
Developing high awareness and motivating yourself
Using your EI in your relations with other
Developing effective communication skills
Developing Interpersonal Expertise and helping others help themselves
Improving in all above skills will make you a better agent of Agile Transformation.
Senior Executives, Product Owners, Project Manager, Team Managers, Engineering Managers, Scrum Masters and Agile Team members.
schedule Submitted 3 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Anand Murthy Raj - Enterprise Agile Transformation in a SAFe wayAnand Murthy RajAgile CoachGladwell Academy and Blinklane Consulting NL
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
This talk will present you with the real time challenges and ideas to deal with them in a healthy way with SAFe framework.
- Challenges the organization needs to deal when they deal with Enterprise transformation.
- How Leaders and Agile Coaches play an influencing and critical role in enabling the organization in scaling agile practices
- How the leadership teams can make or break the deal
- How the 5 critical challenges are addressed with Lean practices embedded in the SAFe framework.
- Some tips to make it happen.
Anand Murthy Raj - Improving Agile coaching with amazing insights from Indian MythologyAnand Murthy RajAgile CoachGladwell Academy and Blinklane Consulting NL
schedule 3 years agoSold Out!
Agile Coaching concept is relatively new to us, but coaching has been a part of our culture since 2000 years. This session is a attempt to open those hidden treasures and enhance our true coaching culture. This is an attempt to see and learn from those stories told to us by our parents, grandparents to help us understand Agile coaching and create a great future to self.
Ravindra Thakur / Gargi GK, CSM® - Design ‘Agile’ ThinkingRavindra ThakurAgile PractitionerAccentureGargi GK, CSM®Project ManagerAccenture
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
There are situations that agile coach and scrum master face challenges after a certain number of iterations in maintaining team’s enthusiasm adhering to core values and principals of agile and creativity. Team and stakeholders start feeling a kind of monotony and cyclic repetition of activities that largely impacts on Self organization and Cross functionality.
Specific to agile, Design Thinking so far is seen as a way of taking care of WHAT part by means of better and precisely building product backlog in early phase of the project. However it is leant that Design thinking can be practiced successfully in the rest of agile life cycle to address said issues.
Application of systematic and wisely selected Design Thinking techniques or methods through out the agile project life cycle significantly enhances the purpose and help us in keeping the team’s pace, interest and stick to agile manifesto. Hence Design ‘Agile’ Thinking.