Product Discovery Through Design Thinking
Design Thinking has been a revolutionary approach to build products that help solve users 'REAL' problem. It introduces a whole new approach of thinking towards the needs and problems of users. It challenges a designer's thinking and assumptions made about users behaviour in using a product or service. It is not about designing just another jazzy user interface but an approach to create end user experience that makes them happy and productive using your products and services.
Thinking about design thinking, while it is mostly endorsed by product development companies, it is a concept which can be applied just anywhere, be it schools, government offices/schemes, social enterprises, public utility services, organization structure, anything and everything that deals with a common person. It is not just another new entrant in the software world, but its a blank and vast canvas that can be used in any difficult situation that needs user-centric solution.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
Starting with Design Thinking concept and its co-relation with digital transformation and product innovation, the session will mainly focus on how design thinking approach helps product discovery. It will start with concepts around DT and demonstrate or share how this approach was practically used in a live product.
The Key takeaways are :
1. What is design thinking and why it matters in the world of digital transformation?
2. How design thinking help answer the question of "why the user will buy your product or services"?
3. Applying the 5 step process to generate ideas and define proof of concept
4. Building products from user's perspective and behaviour
5. Benefits derived by adopting design thinking approach
People involved in product development and service delivery