Boston, MA, India
Thu, 28th - Sat, 30th Apr 2016
The Agile Games 2016 conference (April 28-30, 2016 in Boston, MA, USA) is seeking conference submissions supportive of our 2016 theme:
Games to collaborate and learn across all levels of the organization.
Our program includes different session lengths to allow presenters to decide how they wish to share and structure their content. We prefer that sessions presented at the Agile Games conference be hands-on and interactive.
- Extended Workshops (180 minutes) - We offer a limited number of “Extended workshop” sessions that are 180 minutes (3 hours) in length - these sessions are intended for presenters who want to focus on the principles and techniques of game design, facilitation and debriefing in depth, and/or create an environment where participants can design and share new games and activities within a workshop setting.
- Workshops & Game Sessions (90 minutes) - The majority of our conference sessions are 90 minutes in length and are intended to allow presenters to present and then debrief a game or activity with session attendees. These sessions can also be used to present a hands-on workshop related to a principle of game design, facilitation or debriefing.
- FAST Games (30 minutes) - New for 2016, we are seeking presenters who would be willing to present a game/activity that can be facilitated and debriefed to a group in ~20 minutes or less. These games/activities are intended to give attendees ideas about how to start to introduce games into their organizations that provide value while not requiring a significant amount of time. Fast games are also supportive of research that accelerating game play promotes focus and engagement amongst participants - we would like to allow Agile Games 2016 attendees an opportunity to experience these types of FAST games.
- Friday, January 29, 2016 - Deadline to submit a presentation or game for Agile Games 2016
- Friday, February 5, 2016 - Selected presenters notified of acceptance
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - Deadline for selected presenters to accept an invitation to present
Conference Information for Presenters:
- The Agile Games 2016 conference will be held at the Microsoft New England Research & Development Center (NERD) located on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, MA - all presentation rooms feature wifi, audio/video presentation equipment and the furniture (tables and chairs) can be arranged as needed to allow for games to be presented. The conference organizers provide basic facilitation supplies for sessions (Post-Its, Markers, Easel pads, etc) and will run off copies of worksheets / handouts provided in advance of the conference. Special facilitation and/or game supplies need to be supplied by the presenters of sessions selected for the program.
- Sessions selected will be scheduled in a timeslot during the first two days of the Agile Games 2016 conference (April 28 or April 29, 2016) - the conference will conclude with a full-day open space held on Saturday, April 30, 2016 - it is requested that all presenters selected for the conference plan to attend the open space as well as it is frequent that conference attendees may ask a presenter to repeat their session during the open space for those who were not able to attend it during the first two days of the program.
- Presenters selected for Agile Games 2016 will receive complimentary registration to attend the full 3-day conference, including all sessions, meals, events and parties. Presenters will also receive the benefit of sharing their content with conference attendees who will provide feedback to help them improve future presentations.
- For selected presenters from outside the Boston, MA metro area, some hotel and travel benefits may be available - specific benefits for out of town presenters will be determined at the time of acceptance based on type of session selected.