- The 10th annual Agile Games conference will be held Monday, April 8, 2019 thru Wednesday, April 10, 2019. This year’s conference will once again be held at Microsoft in Burlington, MA – just outside of Boston.
- Conference sessions selected via this Call for Games will be used to create a 2-day program on Monday, April 8, 2019 and Tuesday, April 9, 2019.
- The conference concludes with a full day open space on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Selected presenters are requested to stay and participate in the Open Space on the 3rd day of the conference.
- Call For Games Open: December 17, 2018 – January 31, 2019 (11:59pm PT)
- Session Evaluation: January 16, 2019 – February 6, 2019
- Overall Program Review: January 16, 2019 – February 10, 2019
- Notifications to Presenters: January 19, 2019 – February 15, 2019
Sessions will be evaluated and accepted on a rolling basis this year. So you will hear from us between mid-January and mid-February about the outcome of your submission(s).
Conference Theme: Practical Agile
The 2019 Agile Games conference seeks to create a program featuring interactive / hands-on sessions focusing on:
- Distributed Games - Demonstrating and/or facilitating activities to promote collaboration on distributed teams. Note: Games in this track will be delivered in person to learn about distributed games you can play with your teams, while having the convenience of learning the details of how to play them in person.
- Scaling Up & Out - Activities and/or games that promote scaling lean and agile principles beyond the team level as well as outside of IT.
- Games to Overcome Resistance - Applications of games and collaborative activities to overcome resistance to change.
- Technical Games - Ways to apply games and collaborative activities to teach technical practices.
Our preference is to field a conference program consisting of interactive / hands-on sessions supportive of the focus areas noted above.
Speaker Selection Process
Agile Games encourages submissions from both new and returning speakers.
During the first round of feedback review, the program team will consider the abstract, description, learning objectives, outline, and other information the speaker submits. If needed, a program team member may ask a follow up question for clarity, wanting more details to make a better decision and without those details the proposal can be considered incomplete.
Later, a second review and discussion occurs, starting with the highest rated proposals. All speaker submissions will be anonymized before review. The review team will make trade-offs based on topic, track, speaker experience, target audience, etc. to create the best possible schedule for attendees.
Presenters selected for Agile Games 2019 will receive complimentary registration to attend the full 3-day conference, including all sessions, meals, events and parties.
For selected presenters from outside the Boston, MA metro area, some hotel and travel benefits may be available - specific benefits for out of town presenters will be determined at the time of acceptance based on type of session selected. The conference will also reserve some rooms at the Hyatt House, the official conference hotel, in Burlington, MA. The Hyatt House is within walking distance of Microsoft, and also offers a free shuttle to the venue for those that need it.
No other form of compensation will be provided, other than what is listed above.