The Change Game
In traditional project management we are all taught to toss up as many barriers to change as we can. Change is something to be feared and avoided; it is the killer of projects. Whereas in agile adapting and responding to change is at the root of each framework. In today’s modern agile environments, conditions, requirements, tools and even the overall goals can change overnight. Fear of change is often at root resistance to change. This game helps teams practice embracing change in a fun, safe space.
Fluxx is the card game with ever changing rules that often leave the game teetering on the edge of chaos, which makes it the perfect fun analog for an agile project.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
1. Introduction to change
2. Rules of the game
3. Play the game
4. Retrospective and Q&A
1. Accept and embrace change
2. How to help your team transition from putting barriers in front of change to embracing the power of change.
Change agents, team leaders, coaches, SCRUM masters
schedule Submitted 4 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
MATTHEW PHILIP - The NoEstimates GameMATTHEW PHILIPSenior Agile ConsultantAccenture | SolutionsIQ
schedule 4 years agoSold Out!
Wondering what NoEstimates means in practice, or why you would want to use NoEstimates? Perhaps you’ve heard the buzz, read Vasco Duarte’s excellent book or simply want to understand how to plan better and reduce risk. If so, you should attend this workshop session for a multi-team game that will help you:
- Find out through experimentation what — and how much — different factors influence delivery time
- Learn how to create a probabilistic forecast that provides a less risky way to plan
- Understand how to reduce variation that affects — and creates risk in — delivery