From Scream to Scrum
Ever wondered why organizations fail to scale? If you listen carefully, the decibel level at the water cooler is actually very high. These are the disintegration points.The fact of the matter is that most companies don’t run bottom up. They run top down. Decisions are made at
the top and the foot soldiers execute those decisions. We get used to group think and our own ideas/values/beliefs die and drown into the flurry of work happening around us.
It’s critical to find the right pathways and integration points to harness synergies. Long term sustained velocity in delivering innovative product is what creates a sustainable agile corporation.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Overview of a typical functional organization (5 minutes)
- Being aware of the stumbling blocks within these directive setting organization (5 minutes)
- Exploring how to apply deep SCRUM methodologies to re-engineer these organizations (20 minutes)
- Creating cross functional self organizing high performance teams that truly deliver value (5 minutes)
- Co-locating these teams and losing the traditional boundaries ( 5 minutes)
- Creating outer circle of influence - cross functional stakeholders ( 5 minutes)
- Piloting projects outside of IT via cross pollination (5 minutes)
- Leader perspectives (5 minutes)
- Q&A (10 minutes)
Explore SCRUM framework to build a true cross functional team in the larger context of an organization. Re-engineer department silos and co-locate department folks next to each other as SCRUM team members.
Design and implement a competitive 21st century organization using the SCRUM foundation blocks- iteration, incremental, value and risk driven, transparency, inspection and adaptation. Lose the departmental boundaries and step out of the functional traditional organization.
No more marketing folks sitting together. No more finance folks sitting together. Create cross-functional teams and co-locate them next to each other. Integrate to the extend that it changes the face of the organization.
Learn how to pilot the heuristic empirical model and create a second layer of cross-functional stakeholders as participants to the inner cross-functional working SCRUM team. Deliver products and services that are cross-pollinated with seeds of growth from various perspectives.
Agile practitioners, Executives, Process consultants, Transformation & change agents, Passionate workers