Turn Your App Ideas into Tappable Prototypes Quickly and Easily
We all have ideas every day whether it is for personal endeavors, work or just for fun. In this session you will learn how to get your ideas out of your head and into a basic clickable/tappable prototype that you can test with real customers or present at your next company meeting.
I will briefly run through creating a customer journey supported by personas then delve a workshop exercise for collaborative user interface design. This will be followed by an overview for sketching common interface controls & navigation methods for mobile devices and finish up with a tool to turn your sketches into clickable prototypes.
Outline/structure of the Session
1. Brief talk on innovation and fast prototyping in the agile world followed by an outline of the 'customer problem' that will be the focus of the workshop
2. Create Lean Personas for the chosen 'customer problem' as a group - includes discussion on when and where they are used
3. Walkthrough various types of customer journey mapping and how it can be used to provide input into the conceptualisation and design process
4. Break out into groups to conduct design studio
5. Presentation of designs by individual groups
6. Demonstration of how to use quick prototyping to turn paper designs into tappable prototypes (this will utilize one of the designs created in the session during design studio)
1. Theory behind fast conceptualisation and lean startup
2. How to create and use Lean Personas
3. How to create and use customer journey maps
4. How to run a design studio session for conceptualisation of ideas and prototypes
5. How to turn paper prototypes into tappable prototypes to enable fast testing with real customers
Business Analyst, Product Owner, Product Manager, UX, CX