Product Visioning during Inception
One struggle that we face in service sector in kickstarting new projects is understanding the vision of the product that business envisions or problems that business face. Especially when consulting in a wider vertical ( Retail, Medical, Data Analytics, etc...) , we constantly see a gap initially as to what the business vision for in a product that they would like to build and that is exactly what we want in helping Clients with our solution. As this understanding gets us to think innvoatively to solve the problem statement and ultimately this gets pictured in proposals and then projects. This consists of many subsets which is where we would like to see the features of the product that we build. This session focuses on how to use Product Box/ Press Note exercises to clearly get the vision in Product Owner/Program Mangager or whomsoever from Business (Client) to get the clear understanding of their vision in the product that they wish to see. This helps us to get into the insight of all the features and this excercise gets out everything in everybody's mind at ease. Also it is a good team exercise, builds good relation ship with the Client team too.
Outline/structure of the Session
The structure of session goes like this:
- First a brief focus on inception's objective
- The significance of understanding the vision of a product from client/business perspective
- Discussion on how to initiate & facilitate the product box exercise, how to participate in the exercise
- As an outcome of the exercise kickstart a brainstorming discussion on the features listed from the product box
- Discussion on innovative approaches to achieve a feature's motive in more trendy way.
- Finally prioritisation of the features too and messaging the same.
- A Sample exercise using a real time business example so that we can together work on to design a product box/Press note and understand how to derive the features of the product from the same.
How to use "Product Box" excercise to get the carved vision from the Client
How to generate a feature list as an outcome of the exercise
How the "Product Box" exercise itself helps in prioritisation of the features that we as tech partners ought to build in near future.
How to bring the out of box thinking (creating a wider latitude) in acheiving the same with different approaches while visualizing a feature
Business Analysts, Agile Practitioners