Gamifying Agile projects to Drive Employee Engagement and Increase Performance
Employee engagement has become a top business priority for every organization. In this rapid cycle economy, business leaders know that having a high-performing workforce is essential for growth and survival. They recognize that a highly engaged workforce can increase innovation, productivity, and bottom-line performance while reducing costs related to hiring and retention in highly competitive talent markets.
Team engagement is key to excellent project execution especially in agile project. After all, stakeholder disengagement is a major reason for productivity loss across function and industries. No wonder, enterprises are willing to know more about some practice which can helpful in better engagement, sharing and collaboration and also how it could add to high-value interactions with customers, employees and partners.
Gamification helps to increase the engagement in fun way. Gartner predicts that more than 70% of the world’s largest 2,000 companies are expected to have deployed at least one gamified application by year-end 2014.
This cases study will share the approach team has taken and the improvement team has realized through Gamification. Some of the information have been changed and the original name and figured has been modified. This paper will answer below questions
How can we the get the buy - in from team members?
How can we create more participation?
How can we increase engagement through mechanism like gamification?
How can we achieve targeted business goal with full participation from all members?
I have added the link about my paper which will publish in PM World Journal November edition.I have added the slide share which I have presented at my Office.
Outline/structure of the Session
I will share our case study in below sequence
- Context where we have deployed Gamification ( Industrial Automation software product development) - 10 mins
- Need for Gamification - 10 mins
- How we have deployed Gamification in Agile project - 10 mins
- Execution challenges - 10 mins
- Benifit we have achived( Lessoned Learned) - 5 mins
I will share our experience how we have found multidimensional benefit through game like operating model,
how we have achieved and demonstarted the improvement
- Individual Planning and resultant into team planning are now more efficient
- People are build competency where we observe gaps
- Problem solving is faster due to competition
- We know each player who is performing and improving
- Sharing and getting feel good factor
- Collaboration has increased
- Exploration mindset
- Product quality has improved
- Customer recognition observed
Scrum master, Agile coach, Line management, Program manager, Software Developer