Safe Product Development Using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
Agile is proven for co-located and small teams. For geographically distributed product development teams its challenge to communicate, synchronize and run the program. Hence, many product development teams use a mix of various agile processes and also add waterfall items to it. The case study takes through the experiences of using SAFe by distributed product development team and gaining same advantages as would any other small team. This case study would cover how adopting best practices of SAFe-ART helped in efficient deliveries with better quality. It would also explain how some of our customizations converted to standard template generations of agile practices to be reused across organization. Also share our experiences of various best practices and automation which helped in removing manual process issues and bring in better quality, visibility and predictability. Thus, it would showcase our journey of safe product development using SAFe.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Challenges in our product development
- How SAFe Adoption was done?
- Common Tool Infrasturcture used
- Best practices and DevOps
- Customizations and Automation
- Governance and visbility/predictability
- Know adoption ways of SAFe in product lifecycle
- Know various automations that help in improving eficiency
- Customizations that aid product delivery and can be templatized for resuse across organization
- Quality improvement practices using automation
- Governance and visbility at real time practices by using dashboards
CxO, PMO members, Agile Coaches, Development Managers, Program Managers, Change Agents