Selling Agile across the Enterprise
You’ve started on Agile project. You've probably got IT management on board. You've read the manifesto. You've got a wall covered in post-its. You’re probably not using pair programming but you’re following most other Scrum and XP practices. But now you have a problem. Operations, HR and finance can’t keep up. Ops is having problems (or just refusing to) deploy each iteration. HR won’t let you form self-organising teams and don't know how to write KPI’s to support collaborative work practices. And finance wants a 3 year budget with fully costed initiatives.
Like many cultural problems, change comes from understanding. This presentation will explain how non-IT business functions operate and why they have legitimate problems with Agile delivery.
We won’t stop there however.
By understanding your business, this presentation will provide you with the tools you need to align your corporate business functions to your agile development approach. From improved communication integrated sales, rolling budgets, agile KPI’s and aligning to revenue drivers. You will learn how to build a truly agile organization.
Outline/structure of the Session
- How does Finance operate, and why do we have to deal with the dreaded annual budget cycle?
- What does HR do and why can't they keep up?
- Why do the sales team oversell to our customers leaving us to fix up their mess?
- Why do we have to fill in so many forms to release to production?
- Applying agile to Finance through the use of rolling budgets, financial transparency and opex vs capex (I promise I'll make capex interesting)
- Applying agile to HR through by helping them develop agile KPI's and recruitment strategies as well as giving them access to agile tools (such as Kanban) to help streamline their processes
- Aligning the sales cycle with the development cycle
- From "small changes" to devops
- Preemptive agile alignment
- Introduction to negotiation strategies and tactics
- Using conflict resolution strategies to defuse business silos.
- How corporate functions work the way they do
- How to communicate with corporate functions and help them understand Agile
- How to sell agility across the organisation
Agile coaches, managers and practitioners