Lean and Kanban Implementation from TrenchesVijay Bandaru
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
I was part of a Large Scale Agile transformation in my organization and I was one of the Agile coaches there. As part of transformation we have created LeanOps teams to manage the technical debt, production incidents with a focused concentration. This article covers the following:
- Why the trasnformation required?
- What are the structural changes implemented?
- LeanOps inception
- Lean Ops working Model
- Challenges with the LeanOps
- How we addressed those challenges?
- Goal oriented approach
- Q & A
Kanban - An Agile Accelerator
As we know, irrespective of the process (Agile or traditional) in use, Kanban adoption enables the team to inspect the process flow in depth, to bring-in all possible improvements to their existing process. Having prior experience in facilitating projects with Kanban implementation as Lean Coach, excited me, rather forced me to imbibe all Kanban good concepts in agile teams as well, when I started my Agile coaching journey.
Let us specifically focus on how Kanban can help in accelerating both matured Agile/Scrum teams as well as teams where Scrum is not suitable, enabling all teams in the organization to have Agile flavor.
- Kanban Accelerating and Scaling Agile teams:
Kanban principles adoption help the stabilized Scrum team to achieve next level of agile maturity,
* Mandating Prioritization of stories in Sprint backlog: Team become more organized while pulling the stories from backlog as per priority set by the team
* Introduction of WIP limits in Story board (in ALM tool): Team started focusing on finishing the story in hand, before starting a new story.
* Improved team collaboration on breaching WIP limit: Ensured smooth flow of story card during development
* Team brainstorm as and when the story flow gets blocked during story development: Lead to drastic reduction in Story development Cycle Time
* Frequent feedback and faster incremental value delivery within the sprint: As the is finishing the stories and moving to DONE status one by one, the team could demonstrate the stories to PO as and when finished, enabling the team to get early feedback from PO, without waiting for the demo day.
- Role of Kanban in Scaled Enterprise Agile transformation
* Wherever Scrum is not applicable for the team, Kanban is the best fit, for example support teams.
* Kanban/Scrum suitability and Applicability from implementation perspective
* How Kanban based enhancement increase team’s adaptability, within the sprint.
* How Kanban helped in bringing Agile Culture, in each and every team, when Enterprise decided to move on 100% Agile Transformation.
* Enterprise Scaled Agile Transformation Case Study covering end-end Agile transformation of all teams across the organization using Scrum, Kanban and Kanban with Scrum or Scrum with Kanban