The Ten Mindsets that are (probably) killing youMarcio Sete
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
Almost everything we know about Management comes from the 20th Century. At least, everything you have rooted in your way of thinking and acting indeed comes from that period.
Everyone who is managing complex systems today created their toolboxes using the knowledge acquired in the last Century.
The Knowledge Work industry has emerged so fast in the last two decades, that our society didn't have enough time to learn and spread a whole new management model, compatible with the challenges of the 21st Century.
We are still using today the same mindset we used to apply when we were dealing with manufacturing industry' challenges.
This talk aims to help you to be careful not to fall into the trap of using management practices that are incompatible with our reality today.
Let's talk how to go:
- from the Analytical Thinking to the Systems Thinking
- from the Defined Process to the Empirical Process
- from the Mechanism (Command & Control) to the Organism (Emergent Culture)
- from the Efficiency Mindset to the Effectiveness Mindset
- from Big batches to Small batches
- from the Commission Error mindset to the Omission Error mindset
- from the Solution Focus to the Problem Focus
- from the Occupation Management to the Flow Management
- from the Push System to the Pull System
- from the People Efficiency mindset to the Process Efficiency mindset