Transformation - The Devil is in the ExecutionJayaprakash Puttaswamy
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
This talk is an experience sharing session about what it takes to realize business benefits in a large-scale (beyond 100 people) agile transformation. Having driven more than 4 large-scale transformation initiatives (of scales 160 to 700 people) over last 5 years, I would be sharing a couple of case-studies where I worked recently and I would discuss various challenges of implementing large-scale transformation and possible approaches to handle them. Participants would be engaged through interactive discussions on mutual experience sharing with a focus on key dimensions of agile execution.
As the title reveals, the talk would focus more on execution challenges and approaches to handle them at all levels of stakeholders involved in a transformation. Levels include developers, architects, managers (project/engineering), senior management (delivery/program management, directors) and CXO's. More details in Outline section.
The key dimensions to be covered include
- Building and sustaining learning culture (approaches include Community of Practice, Guilds and Joint Workshops)
- Causing the mindset shift in engineers (different approaches for developers, architects and engineering managers)
- Enabling managers to create and nurture agile engineering culture (approaches include effective metrics about quality of code, tests, application and build)
- Inverting the Test Pyramid (approaches include test automation strategies, BDD, dealing with Legacy using Strangler pattern, Component Guardian pattern)
- Leadership Agility (approaches include catalyst style of leadership, risk driven decision making, leading the change)