Lean StartUp: CEO and Product Owner's Perspective
With this talk, I would be sharing my experiences in running 2 startups in bootstrapped mode. When you bootstrap your startup for long period than lean concepts makes even more sense.
Many times, CEO usually plays the role of product owner also as it is his/her vision which is getting implemented and converted into a reality. We will talk about How a CEO or product owner starts its journey from idea stage to take it to revenue/operations stage and what challenges do they face at each stage from team, finance, product direction/features, users, operations side etc. I would share the actions I took and we would together explore the answers or right approach.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
1. About OpCord and RideAlly (1-2 Min)
2. Glance on Lean principles/practices
3. Challenges on Idea stage
4. Challenges on team formation / retention
5. Challenges on product vision, epics, and what is the MVP which would work with users
6. Challenges on finance, cashflow
7. Challenges on users, target audience, feedback incorporation, quick releases
8. Summary and Conclusion
1. One can learn to manage startups with minimum resources
2. One can address market or users better
3. One can manage cashflow, stress
4. One can minimize risks of failure or learn when to cut losses