Laying A Strong Foundation for Agile Transformation
Success of an Agile Transformation depends a great deal on how effectively it gets initiated.
This experience report presentation will discuss a 5-Step approach deployed for successfully initiating an Agile Transformation engagement at a client location.
The practices that ensured effective identification and execution of two pilot projects will be shared.
We will also talk about how using a customized version of Comparative Agility™ Assessment Framework, the impact of the Agile way of working on these pilot projects was measured.
The impact of Agile on pilots was presented in terms of quantified measures (metrics) of benefits and areas of improvements to the leadership team. The results were encouraging enough for them to continue with the Agile Transformation exercise by bringing the rest of the projects in the organization into its fold.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
- Background about the Client (1 min)
- Expectation setting with the Sponsor (2 min)
- Workshop for the Leadership Team - Business goal identification; Agile Values and Principles (3 min)
- Situation Analysis based on customized Comparative Agility Assessment Methodology (https://comparativeagility.com) (7 min)
- Just-in-Time Bite-sized Training & Coaching during Pilot Project Execution (2 min)
- Results reported by Pilot Project Teams (5 min)
- Five Steps for Effective Initiation of Agile Transformation –Set expectations; Get leadership buy-in; Baseline the current practices; Initiate, train and mentor pilot projects; Quantify benefits & improvement opportunities
- How to adapt the Comparative Agility™ Assessment Framework for measuring the impact of Agile way of working on the pilot projects
CEOs/Senior Managers who want the Agile Transformation journey in their organization to begin on a firm footing.Consultants, Coaches & Trainers who enable their clients to make it happen