We live and work in a global and distributed environment. It is no longer the norm to have everyone in one location for software development projects. Whether people are working from home, or the other side of the globe, distributed teams are becoming the norm. The agile values of collaboration and trust become painful in light of this distributed environment.
In this session, Jon will teach you the best practices for dealing with distributed teams. He will show you how to build trust and collaboration within your team.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Challenge with distributed teams
- Seeing a person, not a username
- Having a shared vision
- Understanding the strategy
- Joint ownership is key
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understand how to properly engage remote team members
- Understand how to communicate effectively
- Know the tools available to help solve the problems
Project Team members who work with remote team members