Writing S.O.L.I.D Code
Requirements change and so does your code. Want to make the changes less painful ? Then this talk is for you.
The talk is about application of Uncle Bob's S.O.L.I.D principles. The talk highlights benefits of these design principles through concrete code samples and real world applications.
We will refactor out a badly designed code handpicked from a production application using Uncle Bob's S.O.L.I.D design principles. It also includes practical application of 4 simple design rules by Kent Beck.
Outline/structure of the Session
0-10mins: Design Basics
- What is Design ?
- What is Dependency Management ?
- Symptoms of a Badly designed code ?
10-30: S.O.L.I.D Design Principles
- Explain all S.O.L.I.D Design principles with code examples in Java.
- Indicators for finding bad designed code
30-35: 4 Rules for simple design
- Kent Beck's 4 simple design rules
- Application of rules in the code
- Object Oriented principles and their application in code, focusing on SOLID
- Simple rules of great design ( Kent Becks 4 simple rules )
- Refactoring techniques to refactor out a badly designed code
- Getting Abstractions right
- Help write code which is less fragile and flexible to change