Design Thinking in Practice
Be it Standish Group Chaos report or PWC or HBR or others, every industry survey report suggests that a significant a percentage of software development projects are failed or challenged. Even the completed one does not meet the end users objectives as perceived at the beginning always. - That's a significant amount of money & time which gets wasted every year based on (partly) what business or service provider thinks their end users need & wants. But when the products or solutions are developed, they do not meet the end users expectation or resolve their pain points always.
Design Thinking is an approach/philosophy which can to bridge this gap. It enable us to see the needs & wants from end user perspectives. Thus enabling us to build a product or solution that meets the end users goals and their persona. It also enable us to build the right solution much faster by eliminating the solution or features that end users does not need or wants.
We, at Altimetrik, have been using this approach for all our development and enhancement projects since last one year or so.
In this session, I would present one of our project execution, how we have incorporated the DT principles in our development and the amazing results that we achieved.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
- Why: Context Setting - 2 Min
- Industry Reference to establish the need for Design Thinking (DT) in S/W development
- What: Overview - 3 Min
- Design Thinking !!! What is it?
- How: Case Study - 10 Min
- Our Business case & Problem statement
- Our Approach & Steps to adopted DT in the development
- Amazing Results - 3 Min
- DT Benefits
- What we achieved in the project for our Customer
- Q&A - 2 Min
Here you will Understand
- Why & What of Design Thinking
- How to
- Adopt Design Thinking Principles in your project
- Increase the Subjective quality of your product or solution or service
- Meet the end user objectives
- Achieve greater CSAT
Business Owner, Product Owner, Agile Leader, Agile Project Manager , PMO , Process Consultant, Agile Practitioner, Agile Coach