The Lean-Agile Enterprise Awakens: Scalable and Modular is the Future!
New competitive threats often require organizations to build increasingly complex, interconnected and sophisticated software and systems, faster, better and cheaper. Most organizations are not equipped to meet this new challenge! Meanwhile small, nimble competitors, like Airbnb and Uber are taking a big bite on the profits of the giants.
So what’s the answer? What have we learned in the past decade from our adventures in agile and our attempts at scaling? What does the future hold?
In this talk, Richard Knaster, Principal Consultant and SAFe Fellow, discusses a more scalable and modular lean-agile approach that enables even the largest enterprises to compete with smaller and nimbler competitors that are disrupting companies in all industries. Richard is a Principal Contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework and previously worked at IBM where his roles included Chief Agile Methodologist. World Wide Agile Practice Manager and various product management roles in the Rational Brand.
Outline/structure of the Session
The delivery approach will be one of story telling and to engage the audience with powerful questions during the session. My intention is to empower change agents in the audience and provide ideas on how they can start making incremental changes to get started on their Agile Enterprise Journey.
The 45 min session will flow like this
- Brief Introduction, Discuss my Experience with Enterprise Agility
- Frame the problems that Enterprises face today delivering value
- Discuss how a solution that is scalable and modular increases agility
- What are the Principles and values that are needed to adapt our scaling approach
- What are the things we can adopt from Lean Systems engineering to build products that have both hardware and software.
- How we can use an Enterprise Kanban model to improve the flow of value and quality of our solutions
- Close and Q&A
- Understanding the critical problem that Enterprises face today and may not know it
- How to improve value delivery using a scalable and modular approach
Executives, Managers, Leaders, Developers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Tech Leads
1. Projector that can connect to an iPad or Macbook
2. Remote and pointer
3. Flip Charts and Markers