Coaching! Not for me ! Not for my team
Coaching has gone from fad to fundamental. Leaders and organizations have come to understand how valuable it can be, and they’re adding “the ability to coach and develop others” to the ever-growing list of skills they require in all their managers. In theory, this means more employee development, more efficiently conducted. But in reality, few managers know how to make coaching work.
According to the 2010 Executive Coaching Survey, conducted by the Conference Board, 63% of organizations use some form of internal coaching, and half of the rest plan to. Yet coaching is a small part of the job description for most them. Nearly half spend less than 10% of their time coaching others.
how coaching become important skills in Agile world and what coaching skill will help
- Defusing tensions(acknowledge, ask, answer)
- Herons six categories of intervention
- Fundamental interpersonal relations orientation
- Developing influence (The Tomas-Kilmann conflict instrument)
This session will provide more details about why coaching important in Agile world. who need coaching and how it can be done with a Scenario game.
Outline/structure of the Session
Why Coaching ? Why in agile world
Coaching for individual & Team
Challenges in coaching
Tools used in the Agile coaching world.
Game - Scenario
- Learn why coaching is important in agile world and how it helps
- Understanding coaching tools/technique used in agile coaching.
Executives, Project Manager, Consultant , Coaches, Scrum Master,Product Owner