Lean Startup Tools for Agile Product Teams
One of the risks agile organizations face is an over-reliance on a single omni-present and omni-potent Product Owner. This critical reliance on a fallible Product Owner often results in a lack of clear direction on how and when to "pivot", with IT falling back on their bias, which is to build more and more features.
In this session, we will explore how lessons and ideas from the Lean Startup movement can be effectively combined with Agile delivery in a 5-step process to drive the right business outcomes.
- Holistic Discovery: Assessing key customers, problems & markets
- Risk-Driven Product Backlog: Challenging & testing your assumptions
- Exploratory Sprints: Quick, cheap ways to validate your approach
- Data-Driven Sprint Review: Using data to drive decisions
- Validating Product Increment: Analyzing & evolving your production system
Tools and techniques gleaned from the Lean Startup movement will be leveraged to support each of the activities outlined.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Agile & The Lean Startup Movement
- Holistic Discovery
- Risk-driven Product Backlog
- Exploratory Sprints
- Data-driven Sprint Review
- Validating Product Increment
- Concluding Thoughts
- Q & A
- Understand the origins of the Lean Startup movement
- Understand how Lean Startup tools and techniques can be combined with Agile delivery to optimize business outcomes
- Understand how to build a concierge to test an idea without significant investment in coding and how to guide decisions about product direction with small sustainable experiments
- Gain an understanding of the benefits of tools such as the Lean Canvas, Validation Board, Pirate Metrics etc. in defining and validating the product increment
Product delivery teams, Product Managers, Product Owners, UX professionals, Agilists and those interested in combining Agile Delivery with Lean Discovery