Agility @ Scale - Principles over Frameworks
What does "Scaling Agile" mean? Is it about taking agile to a higher level? Or, is it about scaling our delivery capability using Agile?
SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), LeSS (Large Scale Scrum), DAD (Disciplined Agile Delivery) are some of the names of the frameworks that first come to our mind in the context of scaling agile. And it's a great time for the software industry which is getting more and more matured and adept with Agile in general, and scaling agile in particular. It's great that we have a problem of "plenty" when it comes to choosing the appropriate framework to use when agile is to be scaled up.
The purpose of this talk is about highlighting the core challenges that we face when we scale agile, and how the solution lies in the basic principles, than in any of the frameworks. Without getting into the comparison (pros and cons) of the frameworks, the intention is to have the right mindset, about choosing the right set of values and principles, about valuing "Principles" over "Frameworks".
Outline/structure of the Session
Below is a high level outline of the "Agile @ Scale - Principles over Frameworks" presentation:
1. What is Scaling Agile? Challenges and options available
2. Problem of Plenty: Popular frameworks to scale agile
3. "The Eternal Siblings": Agile and Lean - Basic principles
4. Principles over Frameworks: You can't scale Agile without the right "Lean Mindset"
The objective of the talk is:
- Not to answer all questions about scaling agile or the frameworks available,
- Rather, it's about raising the right set of questions.
At the end of the presentation, the participants will be able to have a more clear idea on what makes a basic ingredient of scaling our software delivery capability using Agile.
agile coach, agile change agents, agile leaders, project leadership team