Agile Leadership Academy: Scaling Agile
Are you a leader undertaking or interested in undertaking a major Agile transformation? You’re not alone - an overwhelming 88% of executives worldwide cite organizational agility as key to global success. Many have also begun scaling their agile adoptions beyond individual teams to the program, portfolio and enterprise levels. But how does one transition into a leadership role to create an adaptive organization with faster results, higher quality, and unparalleled innovation?
Join Sanjiv for a groundbreaking experience, crafted exclusively for those tasked with leading and scaling agile initiatives. We will cover essential set of Lean building blocks as a starting foundation for larger Agile scaling frameworks, including the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS), and Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD). After examining scaling fundamentals, we will dig into case studies that expose common scaling pitfalls and gain expert insight into best practices. We will then cover more complex topics, including budgeting and funding, agile PMOs, and agile contracts. Hands on interactive exercises will be interspersed to illustrate what it takes to implement and sustain cultural change, and to design transition teams.
The power is in your hands to apply agile ideas from the team to the top, and to totally transform your organization!
Special Note on Certification:
This workshop is one of four in the exclusive Agile Leadership Academy™: Foundations of Lean & Agile Leadership, Scaling Agility, Lean Product Management, and Agile Engineering and Operations. Based on 15+ years of experience with enterprise Agile adoptions, landmark thought leadership and ideas curated from leading executive summit events, the Agile Leadership Academy™ will prepare you to create, lead and scale an Agile organization.
Due to demand at Agile India, the first session will be Scaling Agility. Academy delegates will be given a certificate of attendance and a suggested project to take back to their organization, and will be invited back for subsequent sessions. Once the four sessions have been completed, delegates will be certified as ALA Endorsed Leaders™. This certification will be provided by the Agile Leadership Institute, based out of Washington, DC, USA, and will be backed by Agile thought leaders and method founders. ALA Endorsed Leaders™ will be eligible to join the elite ranks of the ALA Alumni Circle™.
Outline/structure of the Session
- A Survey of Scaling Patterns
- Scaling vs. Growing Agile
- Pattern Selector
- Scaling Projects & Teams
- How to Build an Agile Team
- Projects vs. Continuous Flow
- Agile in Distributed, Offshore & Outsourced Environments
- Agile Environments & Work Spaces
- Agile Team Construction Set
- Managing Portfolios & Programs
- Agile Portfolio Management Explained
- Meaningful Metrics & Reporting
- Forming an Agile PMO
- Agile Portfolio Board Designer
- Budgeting & Funding
- Agile Budgeting & Financial Management
- Agile Estimation & Forecasting
- Writing Agile Proposals & Contracts
- Agile Financial Transformer
By the end of the course participants will be able to understand:
- The basics of Agile Scaling Frameworks, including SAFe and LeSS
- How to build small, stable Agile teams
- How to form an Agile PMO
- How to craft and report meaningful metrics
- How to build an Agile Portfolio board
- How to design an Agile workspace
- The essentials of agile budgeting, funding and contracts
Leaders, Managers, Senior Level Managers, Directors, Vice Presidents, C-Level Executives
Workshop with participants sitting in small groups at tables, cafe style