SLICE - The Experimentation FrameworkVishal Prasad
schedule 4 months agoSold Out!
Agile Principle # 12 defines that at regular intervals, the team reflects on how to become more effective, then tunes and adjusts its behavior accordingly. From Scrum to Kanban and other agile frameworks, this is accomplished through retrospectives and continuos improvement processes. The key to being a successful agile practitioner is to identify areas of improvement and then experiment ways of improving it. But it doesn't stop there; positive improvements ultimately become success stories for other teams and motivates them to experiment with newer ideas which eventually leads to innovation. A negative outcome isn't bad either since it adds to the experience of situations where ideas may not apply. Thus the key to this process lies in being a child, an explorer, and inculcate an experimentation mindset. The SLICE framework addresses this in the following way:
- S hare: Share an area of improvement
- L earn: Explore the area for ways of improvement
- I mplement: Search & apply the learning to identify the success factors
- C ollateral: Publish blogs, white papers, presentations, etc. as observations of the implementation
- E xpansion: Grow, Seed, and Split in order to explore new venues for success
In this workshop, I create an environment that inculcates an experimentation mindset and utilize the SLICE framework to drive the exploration.