Feel like you're drowning? Come and learn how to swim!
Have you ever been swarmed by an ocean of requirements and felt overwhelmed by them? Have you found yourself wondering that how will I ever overcome this monster? Will this ever go-live? I want to apply Agile and Scrum principles, build a Lean product - but! where do I start? Have you wondered how do the other wonderful folks on this planet do it? How do they arrive at their Lean Product and manage to help their clients and themselves swim through this vast ocean and stand successful? Well then you are at just the right place! This talk will help you learn this and more - so come attend this 45mins session which is sure to leave you with key takeaways, rules and simple guidelines to help arrive at your Product, navigate your clients in the right direction so that they see what you would like them to see and arrive at the same conclusion where you see the product moving towards. Envision, Encounter, Evangelize - this is what this talk will primarily focus on.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Initial 3 mins - Introduction to myself and the topic, what is lean product discovery all about and why do we do it
- Next 15mins - Present the case study - a real life example of how we were swarmed with requirements, how it all felt over-whelming and unachievable and slowly move towards what are the key techniques and concepts that we used to arrive at the lean product.
- Last 2mins - Q&A (really less for Q&A but can take as many qs as possible)
[Moved to Out of Scope of the talk for now]
Ideally I would like to engage the audience by conducting a small exercise as a part of the last 10mins to help the audience truly learn about Lean Product Discovery and simple tasks which they can apply in their daily regime of requirement gathering.
If not, I can extend the presentation for the next 10mins
- How to arrive at a Lean Product amidst an ocean of requirements using a case study
- How to apply some simple rules during the requirement gathering phase
- What are the small things to take care of and what not to worry about
- What are the things that usually cause us to get carried away by and how to avoid the same
- What is the most natural way of involving clients while performing these activities in real life, during the discovery phase so that are as involved as the team who is collecting the requirements
BAs, PMs, QAs, Developers, UX - absolutely anyone who has or has not been involved with Information Technology. Open to all and the wider and more varied the audience, the better.