Coaching lessons learnt during Enterprise Agile Transformation
Our Agile Transformation journey started about 20 months ago. In this talk I am going to share some of the key challenges faced by me as an Agile Coach and how did I over come them. As a change agent you will learn few critical tips or tricks from my experience and implement them in your transformation journey at your organization.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Context Setting (5 min) giving the background of the company and why we embarked on agile journey
- Next 25 mins - Present my experience report as an Agile Coach, describing what challenges did I encounter and how did I inspect and adapted my own coaching style to tackle those situations. .
- Summary (5 min), reiterating on few key take-away's for the change agents.
- Q & A (10 min)
- How to prepare yourself as a change agent
- What pitfalls to avoid
- What are the things that usually cause us to get carried away and how to avoid the same
- How do you evolve your Coaching style/patterns
Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Agile Project Managers, Agile Leaders, Agile Consultants
schedule Submitted 8 months ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Leadership Engagement - Philips Scaled Agile Transformation JourneySundaresan Jagadeesan
schedule 8 months agoSold Out!
Philips - SW transformation program is involved in the deployment of (Scaled) Agile framework to enable TTM and Quality in Business from the year 2014. We started with Pilots and then followed with Mass deployments. We have:
- 44 Agile Release Trains launched since Aug 2014 and 220 + PI planning sessions completed.
- Currently, focusing on System Business with multiple ART’s launched in Systems Business, including 1st ART launch in Philips –China.
- 3700+ people engaged in (Scaled) Agile way of working globally and part of ART's and 1300+ are formally certified in Agile and SAFe
We have learned that when engaging, deploying, an important and not-to-be-forgotten first step is to brief Executives and leadership about the approach, changes .This typically takes 4-8 hours, which sounds like a huge investment, but almost always is seen as paying off. Involving Leadership along has been a key element of our Success in our deployment
The structure of an agile organisation - a business agility primerEvan Leybourn
schedule 7 months agoSold Out!
Traditional business models are failing to keep up with the needs of the modern economy. While business has never been predictable, technological and cultural change is occurring at faster rates than ever before. In this climate, modern enterprises live or die on their ability to adapt – which is where Business Agility comes in. Business Agility provides a context for organisations to embrace change; changing how to think, changing how to work and changing how to interact.
Whether you've heard of Holocracy or Teal Organisations; it seems that lean and agile business models are gaining interest across different business sectors. This is relevant to you whether you are a software developer or a CEO.
This presentation will provide engaging and enlightening stories of Agile beyond IT; from lean startups to large enterprises. These will be reinforced with practical approaches for the design and leadership of teams, divisions and businesses across 4 key domains;
- The Structure of an Agile Organisation - Efficient, transparent and collaborative techniques to manage cross-functional, self-organising and potentially self-managing teams.
- You, the Agile Manager - What makes a good agile manager and how do their responsibilities change?
- Integrated Customer Engagement - Collaboration and communication techniques to build trust and deliver Customer needs efficiently, with minimal waste, and to everyone's satisfaction.
- Work, the Agile Way - Managing all types of business functions, from software, HR, finance to legal, by using Just-In-Time planning and incremental or continuous delivery processes.
Meditation & Agile!Anand Bagmar
schedule 8 months agoSold Out!
I have been meditating since quite some time now. Meditation gives me peace of mind. It allows me to be more conscious and aware of things around me. Interestingly, I have experienced the benefits in Coaching & Mentoring, in Testing and also in Automation activities on Agile projects.
In this talk, I will be sharing how Meditation helped me in Testing on Agile projects - while working on various activities that help my team build a Quality product. I will also be sharing experiences of the way we approach certain testing activities - and how that correlates to the conscious mind, or not! These experiences can be applicable to any role on Agile projects.
PS: I will be referring to some Meditation techniques that work for me. This is not about any religion / faith / practice.
Dealing with Enterprise Agile Transformation challenges with SAFe
This talk will present you with the real time challenges and ideas to deal with them in a healthy way with SAFe framework.
- Challenges the organization needs to deal when they deal with Enterprise transformation.
- How Leaders and Agile Coaches play an influencing and critical role in enabling the organization in scaling agile practices
- How the leadership teams can make or break the deal
- How the 5 critical challenges are addressed with Lean practices embedded in the SAFe framework.
- Some tips to make it happen.
Demystifying people aspect of DevOps complexity cube
Any transformation is hard. Challenges come up right at the conceptual stage through the transformation journey and until measuring and declaring success. DevOps transformation is no different. However in a DevOps transformation an additional lack of understanding of its principles adds to the complexity – ‘DevOps is Continuous Integration and Deployment using a set of tools’.
While tools play a key role in realizing the benefits of DevOps, the people – leadership, middle management, teams on the ground all of them – make the journey successful. Similarly organization realignment to feature teams also supports people aspect of DevOps and its faster implementation. This presentation highlights the people aspects of DevOps implementation along with early warnings of potential impediments. It also provides tips that could help the people at different hierarchical levels of the organization to plan, measure, improve and successfully sail through the DevOps transformation.
This is an experience report based on our involvement as Agile and DevOps coaches for our customers across geography in different domains.
Infrastructure as code - in action for a Leading AirportVenu Murthy
schedule 8 months agoSold Out!
Demonstrate how IaC - "infra as code" enables teams to manage and collaborate on large scale infra making fault proof automated one click deployments possible. Providing the advantages of version control. Learn the nuances of Infrastructure as code, Phoenix environment, Immutable servers & such.
Every enterprise would like to automate their deployments, aiming for a one click deployment removing any human errors. After attending this talk, the attendee will get a framework on how to implement one such system, which is resilient, very efficient and completely scalable. In this talk I would like to share with you my experience of having architected a fully automated system for the Airport which is the gateway to South India. I will demonstrate from the ground down on how the infrastructure and environment can be defined in simple human readable plain text up to how in one click, it can be orchestrated to provision the environment, configure it, build, test and deploy the fully functional app, all from the same repository. All this using the readly available open source tools and leading Cloud platforms. Figure out how Packer.io, configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef, Cloud platforms, CI tools like Jenkin’s, Go.CD can be improvised to automate the creation environments and app deployment at the click of a button. Walk away being an expert in who understands what is Phoenix environments, Immutable Servers, Software Defined Environments, XaaS along how Infrastructure as code can be implemented in your organization to reap its innumerable benefits.