What Agile Leaders are great at?
Agile leadership i is the ability of a leader to be able to lead well in a wide range of circumstances especially new, changing and ambiguous situations. In situational leadership theory, styles of leadership refer to behaviours that a leader should engage within different situations. Agile leader
- Operates effectively amid uncertainty, complexity and rapid change
- is knowledgeable about Agile values, approaches and practices
- Aligns and empowers team toward delivering more customer value
- Personally integrates feedback and experiments, and adapts their ways
- Catalizes change in others and facilitates organisational change
The proposed talks explain the behaviour, leadership styles and actions of Agile leaders. They have to be great at the following areas, to play their role effectively in 21st century.
#1 - Incubate the Transformational leadership
# 2 - Develop the Transformational Leadership
# 3 - Expand as a leader from Expert-Achiever-Catalyst
#4 - Develop people
# 5 - Lead the change
# 6 - Set the goal and minimise the work requirements
# 7 - Unlock the best potential
The talk is purely is based on learning and observations as part of my coaching, training experience and leadership style required in 21st century.
Outline/Structure of the Experience Report
- Quick introduction of Agile leadership for 21st century - Duration 3-5 minutes
- What and How agile leaders are good at
- How do they " Incubate Transformational Leadership" through understanding the culture first before changing the culture.[Ref Agile from top down :Executives and leadership living agile by John Stahl. - Duration 3-5 minutes
- Create deep alignment between leadership's team personal vision to organisational compelling shared vision as a way of developing transformational leadership . See Temenos retreat@siraju http://adaptivecollaboration.com/2012/04/23/temenos-retreat-a-journey-of-change/ - Duration 5 minutes
- What is a required to be done to expand as a leader from Expert-Achiever-Catalyst - Duration 3-5 minutes
- What agile leaders should be focussing when it comes to developing people and their capabilities - Duration 3-5 minutes
- Understand the power of self organisation, set the goal and minimise as much as possible work requirements, micro managing and too much focus on operational work.- Duration 3-5 minutes
- Agile leaders understand the role the compensation plays in motivation people, especially knowledge workers and provide the safe environment of mutual influence - Duration 3-5 minutes
- Q & A - Duration 3-5 minutes
- Understanding on Transformational Leadership than general leadership
- Awareness of understanding the self before changing the organisation
- Agile leaders evolution from expert-achiever-catalyst
- How much little role the compensation plays for the motivation of knowledge workers and what is required to bring best among the team members
- What is required for leading the change
Scrum masters, Product Owners, middle managers, senior managers and executives , Program Management, Product management, portfolio management and change agents
schedule Submitted 2 years ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Ron Ijack - Why we got rid of SCRUM to become agile againRon IjackVP TechnologyUpstream Works Software
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
Agile is not about doing scrum, kanban, lean or any other flavour of the process. An organization cannot be “doing” agile, they must “be” agile. They must believe in and understand the agile principles.
After going through a successful agile transformation and running scrum for 3 years we realized that it’s just not working for us anymore. The team was suffering from scrum fatigue. It felt like there was a sprint planning, stand up or retrospective meeting happening all the time.
We decided to take a hard look at how we were working and turn it on its head. We looked at all the different agile options such as scrum, kanban, lean, xp, etc and decided to take the best parts from all of these instead of sticking with one approach. This session will take you through our journey and share what worked for us that could also work in your organization.