Customer Focus - Embed it into the Development Lifecycle
For an enterprise organization it is critical to ensure that the software being built remains relevant to the market. Be it a product or a service, from the inception to the launch, an organization could encounter changes in the business environment, which could impact how the product/service shall succeed in the market. What was originally important to the customer may change as new challenges in their own industry environments and budget constraints surface.
In my organization we are creating software which has a development life cycle of 6 months to 12 months, during which our customers’ needs changed (which we were not cognizant of). Lean Product Discovery helped us accommodate these changing customer needs in a competitive data center infrastructure business.
Outline/structure of the Session
In this session I will share my experience on how Lean Product Discovery ensured that we continuously gather customer feedback, measure metrics to improve and accommodate changes into the product road-map.
This session shall cover the following topics in order for 40 mins:-
- Establish why follow this process for commercial success
- Challenges faced in my organization before adopting Lean Product Discovery
- Measure key business metrics incorporating Customer feedback
- Identify new factors which impact decision making.
- Three questions which we ask in every Product Increment
The last 5 minutes is reserved for any Q&A.
- Awareness of Best Practices followed in the Industry
- Key Metrics to measure to ascertain market relevance of software
- Evolve a set of questions to ask during Product Increment or Intermediate Milestone
Product Managers, Product Owners, Architects, Engineers, All those people who are making decisions on what to build into the software
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Anand Murthy Raj / Eelco Rustenburg - Dealing with Enterprise Agile Transformation challenges with SAFeAnand Murthy RajAgile CoachBlinklane Consulting NLEelco Rustenburg--
schedule 2 years agoSold Out!
This talk will present you with the real time challenges and ideas to deal with them in a healthy way with SAFe framework.
- Challenges the organization needs to deal when they deal with Enterprise transformation.
- How Leaders and Agile Coaches play an influencing and critical role in enabling the organization in scaling agile practices
- How the leadership teams can make or break the deal
- How the 5 critical challenges are addressed with Lean practices embedded in the SAFe framework.
- Some tips to make it happen.