Lessons from operations culture at Indix
At Indix, our operations team is not only responsible for our system uptime but a lot more like cloud costs, process and framework around self-serve of various infra pieces. Over the years we experimented some techniques for scaling our operations team's effectiveness, and some of them worked well for us. In this talk, we wanted to share some of our learnings and success stories of building a dynamic engineering culture that not only values system design but also operations from day one. Many of the tools from our OSS page are our success stories in this regard.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- Scale of operations at Indix
- Experiments as part of engineering culture
- Success stories
Ashwanth, briefly talked about one of our experiments at DevopsDays India 2016 - dev+ops culture. Slides can be found at http://bit.ly/autoscaling-on-aws.
Lessons from Indix's experience on
- Advantages of thinking operations from day one for any system
- Scaling operations for a system that's inherited or being built while running in production
- Guidelines for developers while choosing tools / technologies
developers, devops, engineering managers