Is my team happy?
People over processes, this is what Agile Manifesto say. But during the course of the project we always forget about the team. We give so much importance to processes that we really don't care if the team is happy. How many of us ask this question during our project, that is my team happy and feeling motivated?
People are the real asset of any agile project. And if team is happy and motivated, you will definitely see the difference in the delivery.
Outline/structure of the Session
This is a lightning talk covering the do's and don'ts of agile team. What aspects can lead team burn out and frustration. Finally talking about the key elements to keep the team motivated.
In this talk I would cover few ideas on how team can be kept happy and motivated. And how can we stop giving preference to processes over people.
Team frustration and unhappiness usually is not because they don't get enough holidays, or they don't have team outings, etc. The main reason of frustration is the nature of work. For example,
1. Are devs allowed to make technical decision or everything has to come from architect?
2. Is team allowed to work on technical stories or do tech enhancements?
3. Is team always pressurized for velocity and points?
4. Do QAs have enough automation opportunities or always running manual tests?
5. Can BAs influence solution and take part in business decisions? Or are they only converting requirements to stories?
How to overcome these problems of the team is something that I would cover in my talk.
Some techniques are:- negotiation, communicating right business values, letting team innovate and prove, etc.
Agile teams, Project Managers, Scrum Masters