Product design is essentially an efficient and effective generation and development of ideas through a process that leads to new products. Well "isn't that Product Management" or simply "Design"?
So the one that does this is a Product Designer?
Our industry loves coming up with new terms, I don't really know whether I'm a Project Manager, a Program Manager, a Product Manager or a Product Designer.
In this session, we will talk about two things - The Person who want's to create a Product and The World who may or may not want it. We will break these down into smaller and simpler pieces that connects with each other to give what we call as "core product value".
Product Designer in today's brave new world is like a Jedi, come and spend 40 minutes and see if you can be the next Jedi.
Outline/structure of the Session
1. Introduce - 3 Broad Categories of People who want to Build/Create things - How do we know them, where do you belong? The differences in the skills and behavior and attitude of these types. Pros and Cons.
2. Breaking down the "wants" of this world. How do you know if your idea is what the world wants?
3. Stitching the 1 and 2 together.
1. Debunk belief around Data and Design
2. Understand Core Human Needs
3. Understand what you will need to "do" in order to build an amazing product in this brave new world.
Anyone who wants to build stuff.