A Hike down the DevOps Road
As India's first (and perhaps only) home-grown messaging platform, Hike messenger has been at the forefront of delivering user delight and technological innovation. In achieving our goals, our foray down the Devops route has been an enriching and empowering experience for us as an organisation. In this conversation, we would like to offer an insight into our journey, the challenges we addressed (and are probably still trying to); all the while ensuring the quality of our user experience and product deliverables is not compromised.
Join this session to understand the typical challenges in building a DevOps culture in a startup mould with high product churn. Plus the interesting tweaks we came up with to setup CI pipeline for Mobile Apps, which has various client builds which need to be in sync with server builds.
Outline/structure of the Session
- Our stumbling upon Devops/CI/CD
- Our Devops mission statement
- An overview of our philosophy
- Release pipeline flow
- Tying the client and server side
- Our key takeaways
- Introducing a DevOps culture in a startup mould with high product churn
- An insight into challenges and learning while implementing CI/CD in our context
- Implementing CI/CD for a diverse tech stack while maintaining meta level consistency
- Using various tools in a decoupled design to reduce toolchain dependencies
Build and Release Engineers, Devops Enthusiasts, Full stack developers, Automation Engineers