Enabling Company-wide Agility in a Dynamic World
Today companies are expected to be flexible and both rapidly responsive and resilient to change, which basically asks them to be Agile. Yet, doing Agile (the mechanics) is different from being Agile (the mindset). The mindset lets you apply flexible Agile patterns not only for software development teams but for whole company. In this workshop, we will examine what being Agile really means and how it can be implemented by combining principles from the Agile Manifesto, Sociocracy, Beyond Budgeting, and Open Space. We’ll draw on everyone’s experiences to show the path to transforming our companies into agile enterprises - from Board to janitor, offering concrete tools and methods that participants can apply right away.
Outline/structure of the Session
We will use individual reflections, pair and small group work, and experiments at the different stages during the course of the day so that the session is highly interactive.
- Setting the Stage: Introductions, expectations and overview of the day, …
- Collecting the needs (of the participants) for companies becoming agile
- Definition of an agile company
- Diving into the different streams and their alignment
- Agile principles
- Beyond Budgeting
- Open Space
- Applicability in participant’s own context
- Tools / methods for going through that transition (e.g. Cynefin, HSD, other change tools)
- Planning your next steps
- Reflection, summary & wrap-up
- Understand what it means to be agile as a company.
- Know the methods that need to be combined to transform a whole company : Agile, Sociocracy, Beyond Budgeting, and Open Space.
- Know how to get started in changing your company to be agile regardless of your position in the company.
Top Management, Middle Management, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, (Project) Managers, Junior Executives, Senior Software Engineers, Coaches, Consultants, and Change Agents