Warm Fuzzies and Cold Prickles
How much do we care about the emotional well-being of our team members?
Do we understand what it means to build a culture infected with love, care and intimacy?
Most importantly do we care enough to 'take-care' of our employees when we talk about appraisals?
Here in this proposal I would like to re-visit the fundamentals of giving, receiving and accepting feedback in a safe, secure and healthy environment. I will introduce the classic 'Stroke Economy' model and the injunctions to emphasise the need for building a team which is not 'stroke' deprived. This model could be used for individual/organisation profiling and its an excellent tool for self-introspection.
stroke - A unit of recognition
Outline/structure of the Session
- Importance of Feedback (2 min)
- Stroke Economy (5 min)
- Types of Stroke and Injunctions ( 5 min)
- Organisation/Individual Profiling (3 min)
- Q/A (5 min)
During my presentation I will also share sample data from my previous coaching experience and talk about how to use this model to re-wire the existing feedback systems.
- More awareness about the individual need for validation/recognition
- More awareness about the organisation patterns when it comes to feedback systems
- More awareness and clarity on the types of feedback
Team, Managers, Coaches, Scrum Masters