Leading Enterprise Agile Transformation
Enterprise Agile Transformations are tough. Leading them is even tougher. This talk brings a practitioner's perspective, without the academic jargon and the deep philosophical underpinnings which seem to be in mainstream community dialogues and conversations on social media. The conversation is by a change agent to change agents who are at different stages in their Agile adoption journey, some starting, some restarting and others, in the thick of it. The key takeaway of this talk is to build on war stories shared as a Leader to come up with templates which will support future endeavours.
Outline/structure of the Session
This talk is a fast paced, highly-interactive style with war stories and real-life examples of the challenges to be shared with the audience to bring out similar examples that they would be undergoing in their roles. Audience will be provided with material to build templates to support their Agile adoption in their role as change agents.
Define Agile for Your Organisation?
- Mindset, Framework, Value (Define the burning desire to build buy-in from business for adoption)
- People centric – creating the right environment for high performance
- Start with the end in mind – start small and incrementally grow
- Inspect and adapt
- Framework set to better respond to change
- Agile implementation should also be incremental and iterative
Build the Enterprise Agile Transformation Model
- Strategy and Engagement
- Business Agility
- Tools and Template
Define – Business Benefits and Results
- Reduced Lead Time
- Time to Kick-off Initiatives
- Quality of Releases
- Agile Team Maturity
Audience will be able to have a tool kit as a takeaway from this session which will have the following items.
- Identify key drivers to “sell” Agile internally
- Template to tailor-make an approach for your organisation
- Template for Enterprise Agile Transformation Model
- Define metrics for business benefits depending on drivers
- Template for continuous improvement
Whilst each audience member working on their organisational initiative will have a different perspective and world-view, the effort and intention here is to empower them as a change agent in their journey to take it to the next level.
This presentation is targeted to change agents, e.g. senior executives, middle management, etc. in organisations embarking on Agile transformations who may be unsure and would like to talk to someone about the challenges faced for shared learning.
This is a hands-on session in which the audience will be actively engaged in the talk which will work through the case study which will be presented by the speaker and interact with the audience to start an Agile transformation journey (at the stage that they are at) to enable them to take a novel approach than the current industry approach which is to benchmark the current state, define future state and build a roadmap. The outcome is to build a model which is specific for that organisation of which the audience member is part of and be able to start working in from when they walk out of this session.