Design Led DevOps adoption using Double Diamond– An approach and Implementation
It’s a common mindset to jump into “Solution to a Problem” without deep thinking about the problem. We know what the solution is but do we really know what the problem is, have we really empathized with customer to solve the wicked problems? That’s where Innovative design practices come into picture.
Many of us have successfully adopted DevOps, some of us have started with the journey and some are still thinking about it. Irrespective of the stage you are in, you will benefit from moving towards “Design-Led DevOps adoption”. An approach which will “help you solve a problem” which “you didn’t know existed”.
Design-Led DevOps adoption first focuses on understanding the problem, understanding customer needs, tap customer emotions and gain insights before designing and prototyping solution.
In this session, We will talk about innovative way to apply design thinking, how it can be implemented and a case study of how it was applied to solve the DevOps problem.
Outline/structure of the Session
- What is Design thinking? 5 Mins
- How does it help? 5 Mins
- Double Diamond model process structure 5 Mins
- DevOps Challenge – Identify a problem – 5 Mins
- An Example of Applying Design Thinking to solve a DevOps challenge- 25 Mins
- Clear understanding of design thinking and how it can help
- Overview of Various DT models and detailed understanding of Double diamond approach
- How to apply DT approach to solve a problem
- Real life example of applying DT to solve a DevOps Problem
Leaders, Managers, Scrum Masters, Agile and DevOps Coaches, Product Owners, Product Managers, Designers, Developers and testers