Reprogramming Organization IT Agility DNA to achieve delightful customer experience
FANG (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google) companies achieved business agility by smart variations of inverse Conway maneuver, design system architecture and collaborating tools that impose constructive constraints on the teams to change the way they communicate and manage.
How can we stop humans waiting on computers? How can we reduce chance of human error? How can we build DevOps friendly workflows?
We find organizations need to change the culture of how they build software. The big revelation is that teams want their work being used, it is human nature.
The talk reflects on DNA of above companies built on modern development using scaled agile and DevOps practices, modern architecture and modern teams.
It synthesis the learnings to define target state collaboration, platform and architectural models for interested organizations to deploy and run their workloads, identify the architectural features that empower teams to collaborate and deliver solutions quickly to production easily and quickly.
It concludes with elements of Organization DNA, that needs to be reprogrammed across development and operation delivery value streams to maximize value with teams, who are self-organized around vision and roadmap, cutting across business lines to delight customers.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- How do organizations rethink and reprogram their team structures and collaboration models to achieve flow and agility to respond and succeed in this disruptive digital world?
- How do organizations leverage Agile + DevOps + Modern Architecture + Modern Teams to drive IT Agility and reduce lead time from concept to cash?
- Why is it important to have lab environment to solve scalability issues with best of breed tools and software?
- What are recommended steps and blocks to build capabilities that trigger right change in organization DNA towards enterprise IT Agility?
Information for Program Team
The talk would take roughly around 45 minutes. With 5 minutes of Q & A.
In terms of outline for the presentation will be as follows:
- What is Enterprise IT Agility and what areas do we need to invest? - 5 min
- How to reprogram the DNA of delivery and operations value streams? - 20 min
- Why is it important to have scalability lab with best of breed tools and applications? – 5 min
- What are recommended steps and blocks to trigger the change in your organization DNA? – 5 min
- Questions and Answers – 5 min
Key takeaways for the audience are as follows:
- How to apply successful patterns from enterprise agility success achieved by FANG (Facebook, Amazon, Netflix and Google) companies
- Understand how to build the DNA with Agile, DevOps, Modern Architecture and Modern Teams
- Understand the team organization structures created by such companies to support the continuous delivery ecosystem
- Explore the need to experiment and establish lab environment to solve and scale the solutions
- Understand blueprint and executable steps that can be reprogrammed by organizations with established measures for effectiveness
Engineering Teams, Full Stack Developers, Quality Engineers, Portfolio and Program Managers, Product Managers, Enterprise and Portfolio Architects, System and Solution Architects, IT Transformation Change Leads
Prerequisites for Attendees
Basic understanding and practioner level experience across Agile, DevOps, Security, Scalable Architecture, Modern Teams and Cloud Computing Platforms