Breaking a Monolithic - Devops Enabling Realtime Business Decisions & Insights
Moving from a traditional Enterprise Data Warehouse culture, i.e. single monolithic Data Warehouse, to a more flexible Integrated Data Warehouse comprising of data marts on different data platforms that meets a specific need, is a challenging proposition but necessity for a nimble agile organization. This case study/talk is an agile/devops transformation journey that started with focus on
- Speed (brings analytics closer to real-time business decisions and insights)
- Scale (Store first, explain later for all data elements) and
- Cost (Modernize with open source technology stack)
We will share insights on our pitfalls and how we overcame the challenges, tooling and open source technologies adoption, realigned our strategies to enable 40+ data engineering teams servicing a complex retail business.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
- Context of EDABI – 5 min
- Agile/Devops Journey Summary – 10 min
- OKRs & Devops Adoption - 20 min
- Our Approach, Challenges and Successes
- Devops Pipelines – Samples
- Journey Continues – Our renewed goals and targets – 5 min
- Q&A – 5 min
- Learning from the pitfalls in strategy and techniques applied.
- Overcoming resistance in teams to imbibe the Devops culture.
- Support structures and enablers to drive agility
BI Engineers, Developers, Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Coaches, Ops Engineers,
Prerequisites for Attendees
- Open mind
- Some understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing will help.