Happiness at Work - Does Business Agility Lead to Happy Workplaces?
Have you ever wondered about the meaning of 'Happiness at Work'? Does everyone define them the same way? If not, how can an executive work towards improving the happiness of his employees? If you have these questions, this session is for you.
With the increase in population that separates ‘work’ from ‘life’, as if work is the absence of life, it becomes increasingly important to study about what happiness means to people at work so that they can be made to feel alive in their offices too.
This session is aimed at introducing two interesting research studies that aimed to do just that. Also, this session helps people understand if Business Agility keeps us happy in the true sense.
The two studies that this session will discuss are as follows:
- Richard M. Ryan et al’s Self Determination Theory – led to a book Drive by Dan Pink
- Mihaly’s Measurement of Flow in Everyday’s life – led to book Flow by Mihaly himself
This session does not just explain these two research works but also will find the commonalities between these and will engage the audience with discussions using scenario-based questions, thereby bringing out personal examples that they can relate to.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
- What are the Domains of Business Agility?
- Is the Work-Life Balance narrative fair?
- Definition of Happiness – Is it the same for all?
- Power of correlation in improving happiness
- Happiness as Personal Satisfaction - Drive
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation
- Self-Determination Theory – Intrinsic Motivation
- Does Business Agility keep us happy?
By attending this session, the audience will walk-away with an understanding of the following.
- An introduction to 'Domains of Business Agility'
- A self-made definition of what happiness means to oneself
- Flow: The happy state of flow
- How to induce conditions that bring about flow?
- How Mihaly’s work coincides with Self-determination theory in all three dimensions – Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose
- Self-Determination Theory: Differences between extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- How to derive intrinsic motivation at work?
- How can I make myself and others engaged and happy at my work?
- How Business Agility leads to true Happiness at Work?
Any agile professional
Prerequisites for Attendees
schedule Submitted 10 months ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Pradeep kumar N R / Vivek Ganesan - Zero Dollar BDD (Behavior Driven Development)Pradeep kumar N RAgile and DevOps coachSIQ-AccentureVivek GanesanAgile / Devops CoachIndependent
schedule 10 months agoSold Out!
Do you feel that communication can be improved among Biz, Dev and Ops?
Do you know that Behavior Driven Development(BDD) can help you there?
Do you know what is the cost of putting BDD into practice?
Join us in this interactive workshop on how to get benefits of BDD with (almost) zero dollar investment.
Learn some simple ways on how you can implement BDD on your own, no matter what your role is.
Rejikrishnan Rajan / Vivek Ganesan - Who Tests Your Tests?Rejikrishnan RajanDevOps Coach/Agile Tech CoachAccenture-SolutionsIQVivek GanesanAgile / Devops CoachIndependent
schedule 10 months agoSold Out!
Have ever wondered how to test your test cases? Do you wonder if your test coverage report is giving the correct numbers?
If you’re concerned about the quality of your test data and test cases, then this is the subject for you.
Mutation test is the way to evaluate your test data quality and the test cases. Get into this session to get introduced to the concept of Mutation testing and to see some cool demos.