Realizing Business Agility through adaptive management
The competitive advantage of an enterprise in business today is their ability to sense, adapt and quickly respond to changes in a fragile ecosystems of partners, competitors and consumers. How do we create exceptional business value and customer satisfaction through continuous strategy formulation and execution through tight feedback loops?
How do we make smart investment choices by decoupling budgeting and forecasting from annual goals settings? Leaders require an adaptive mindset and driven by management innovation, which is loosely coined as adaptive management.
What are new roles and adaptive management practices to realize business agility in this disruptive marketplace?
This talk will introduce readers to the concept of adaptive management and its components. The leadership roles and expectations from adaptive management practices such as epic stewards to be accountable for driving the success of epics (or initiatives) working closely with budgetary planners applying dynamic budgeting and forecasting in response to changing demands from the market.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
In terms of outline for the presentation will be as follows:
- Adaptive Management Basics - 3 min
- Adaptive Management Manifesto - 3 min
- Adaptive Management Roles and Expectations – 4 min
- Adaptive Management Continuum through cadence based activities– 10 min
Key takeaways for the audience are as follows:
- Introduction on Adaptive Management
- Adaptive Management Manifesto
- Adaptive Management Leadership Roles and Expectations
- Adaptive Management Continuum with cadence based activities
IT Portfolio Leaders, Program and Product Managers, Enterprise and Portfolio Architects, Budget Controllers, Financial Executives
Prerequisites for Attendees
Awareness of Agile and Budgeting concepts