Agile Estimation - Is it really a success factor!!
Estimation isn’t about estimating at all. It is about creating a shared understanding of requirements and solution around it.
When a team has a problem with estimation, it’s not a problem, it’s a shared understanding issue. If you can get to the bottom of your shared understanding problem, you will fix your estimation problem.
There are 10 different factors which need to be accounted for while making any estimation, but, we as Product Owners or Business Analysts least care about it. Majority of which relates to mode or communication or due to cultural differences.
Any estimate is related to a decision-making process, it may also impact a future roadmap of how a product release should go. So any change in estimate should and always be provided in relation to the effect it makes to a future roadmap.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
The session would comprise of below stages:
- What is estimation about?
- What estimation does?
- How do you estimate?
- Estimation Approach and methodologies?
- How to Increase quality with velocity?
- How can we estimate better?
- Estimation is no magic wand, it helps the team perform better.
- Estimation leads to the decision-making process.
- Proper estimation approach can build a great team.
- Estimation or No Estimation, it all depends on how the work is completed/scheduled.
Business Analysts , Developers, Testers
Prerequisites for Attendees
Attendees should have a basic agile estimation process knowledge. However, this is not mandatory, but good to have.