Travel notes from the journey of a 170 year old industrial group to a digital company
The talk is to share experiences and learnings with the digital transformation at the company Siemens.
All of us who work in large, traditional cooperation can undoubtedly learn a lot from agile showcase companies like Spotify and Airbnb. But we also understand that these approaches are not easy to transfer in our context. Large companies whose structures, processes and culture have evolved over decades have very special challenges in such a transformation.
A few years ago, Siemens embarked on its transformation journey. We are in the middle of the transformation from a classic industrial company of the 20th century to a digital company of the 21st century.
Some of the typical questions that will be addressed in the talk are
- What scaling framework to apply; if any?
- Top-down or bottom-up transformation?
- How to become efficient and adaptable at the same time?
How to accelerate leadership development on all levels?
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
Case study format, story telling
- Why? Objective of change
- starting point
- specific steps, observations and learnings with regard to challenges, practices, processes, and structures
- common challenges and approaches of large corporations (as we know from cross-company networks)
- next challenges to be addressed
- identify specific elements of an agile transformation at one company example
- are inspired to related that to their own experience and situations
- recognize similarities and differences to their own approaches and learnings
- take away one or two ideas to try in their context
People leading or supporting agile transitions in large traditional companies
no prerequisites. Just be interested to learn from others.