From Business Analysis to Business Analogy – Alignment through targeted metaphor
Outline/Structure of the Talk
This will be a #noslides talk, giving a practical demonstration of the power of multi-sensory, engaging storytelling.
- How do we end up with divergent understandings?
- What are the consequences?
- Introduction to the idea that all human knowledge is built from metaphors.
- Examples of how our early metaphors shape our lives.
- Introduction to memetics, and how ideas are passed between minds.
- Case Studies - The Librarian, the Purchase Order Clerk, and the taxi ride contract.
Participants will come away with a new model of learning and understanding that they can apply to the way they approach problem-solving in their teams.
Anyone involved in solving problems
Prerequisites for Attendees
There are no prerequisites. Some of the initial stories will be very familiar to those with a few years of experience.