Agile Adoption Challenges in a Project Based Model
IT organizations have grown in size, scale, and complexity over a period of time. The growth has been exponential with organizations spreading across multiple geographies and cultures. Traditionally IT teams have been working in Project based model with teams structured around developing, supporting and maintaining applications. Waterfall was a predominantly used methodology in the past. In order to reduce time to market and deliver high value features to end customers faster, Agile methodologies were invented at the start of the millennium. Product organizations were the early adopters of Agile & DevOps practices pioneering the formation of feature teams. Looking at the benefits of Agile, non-Product organizations have also followed the suite to reap benefits, serve their customers better & faster and gain competitive advantage over their rivals. Traditional Project based operating models doesn’t allow organizations to transform effectively from waterfall setup to Agile due to rigid organization structures, spaghetti of application landscape, siloed thinking, local optimization approaches and lack of end customer perspective.
Is your Organization not able to transform quickly to Product based model and feature team structure due to large size and complexity? Are you curious to know how to bring change in your current operating model, team structures and organization culture & mind-set? What should be the pace of this transformation? Though the ultimate goal is to move to Product based model, how can your organization still address the challenges in the interim? More to come with this talk…
Outline/Structure of the Talk
2. Project and Product Based Models
3. Key Agile Adoption Challenges in Project based Model
4. Recommended Solutions/Strategies
5. Wrap Up/Conclusion
1. Understand challenges involved while adopting agile in a project based model and transforming from project based to product based model (Majority of the IT organizations fall in this category)
2. Understand various ways to overcome these challenges
3. Senior Management and, teams' role and responsibilities in addressing these challenges
4. Accelerate Agile Adoption by preparing and responding effectively to these challenges
Organizations/teams trying to move away from traditonal waterfall mind set and started implementing agile in a project based model. Organizations/teams transforming from project based model to product based model as part of Agile journey
Prerequisites for Attendees
1. Understand how Agile is being implemented in your organizations. What is the vision and roadmap for Agile transformation
2. What are the key initiatives undertaken by your Senior Management.
3. Understand challenges in your current operating models (program or project) while implementing Agile
4. How Senior Management and teams are responding to these challenges
Understanding your current organization context will make the session more interactive.
schedule Submitted 1 year ago
People who liked this proposal, also liked:
Amol Jain - Business 4.0 with Design Thinking: Killer Recipe for Disruption and GrowthAmol JainEnterprise Agile CoachTata Consultancy Services
schedule 1 year agoSold Out!
The business models, markets, consumers, technology and the overall ecosystem is changing at an exponential pace globally. The customers have also become smarter and selective with the platter of available features in the market.
This poses a threat even to the successful large organizations to be out-performed by disruptive start-ups and smarter competitors.
So, what should your organizations do differently now to expand?
What is the bare minimum required to at least sustain the market share?
Is your organization stuck in a so-called enterprise-wide transformation? Need to find a way to optimize and steer the transformation with a suitable recipe for a sustainable growth.
Are you looking at learning some enablers to tap existing talent in your company to produce extraordinary ideas and solutions?
Let’s have a talk to learn and experience the various aspects of Business 4.0 with design thinking to succeed in today’s dynamic marketplace.
More to come to this.