Testing your Bot!
Chatbots are one of the most widely adopted AI/ML implementations in the business sector. A chatbot is an intelligent machine used to imitate human conversation through text and voice commands. Today bots are widely used as a personal assistant, customer service, HR, sales and marketing to name a few. In short, bots are everywhere and we rely on them to a certain extent, this makes it extremely important to assure the quality of the chatbots and test them thoroughly. They are built using NLU/NLP-Services (Natural language understanding and processing) and are subjected to constant training and improvement which has direct impact on tests. Voice based bots like Siri and Alexa depend on speech recognition technologies. As the chatbots user do not have any barriers and due to the unpredictable user’s behavior it becomes utmost difficult to verify the correctness on the output. In this talk, we will discuss how the chatbots are different as compared to the other applications and the challenges they bring onto the table while verifying their behavior, and focus on the testing strategies and automation testing of the bots.
Outline/Structure of the Demonstration
- How ChatBots are different from the other Applications?
- What are the challenges in testing the ChatBots?
- How do you test the ChatBots?
- Testing Strategies for ChatBots
- Tools for ChatBot Testing
- Understand the technologies used to build Chatbots and how they make it different than other applications for testing
- Begin with ChatBot testing
- Test Strategy for chatbots
- Tools for testing Chatbots
QA, Dev, QA Managers, Product Managers/Owner