Mindful agile – The heart of the agile mindset
We hear so much these days about the difference between being agile, and doing agile. It’s the agile mindset that enables teams, and organisations, to truly adopt the agile values and principles to reap real benefits, not simply do the agile practices and ceremonies.
This session will discuss how mindfulness is the secret ingredient that enables the agile mindset. Mindful agile is the perfect combination of the agile mindset with mindfulness that enables teams and organisations to build an agile culture that truly embodies the agile values and principles. It allows teams to work together with greater cooperation to truly collaborate, overcome difficulties, share ideas, and challenge each other without falling into chaos and conflict. Through mindfulness, teams communicate more effectively, think more clearly and increase creativity that drive innovation. By attending this session, you will gain a practical understanding of why mindfulness is the essential ingredient for creating an effective agile culture.
Outline/Structure of the Talk
This will be a passionate talk with audience interaction and participation encouraged throughout.
- Introduction and scene setting.
- The agile mindset. The audience will be asked to discuss what it means to them and then it will be explained.
- What is mindfulness? Explanation of what is it using anecdotes and stories from personal experience.
- How does mindfulness enable the agile mindset? Examples of how they are linked and why mindfulness is so important for agility.
- The benefits of mindfulness. Explanation of the benefits that can be realised, along some research findings.
- A mindfulness exercise. The audience will have an opportunity to perform an interactive exercise, with a debrief.
- Questions and answers with conclusion and summary.
By attending this session, you will understand:
- What is the agile mindset?
- What is mindfulness?
- How does mindfulness enable us to truly adopt the agile mindset?
- What are the benefits of mindfulness, both individually and for agile teams?
- How do we practice mindfulness and how to implement in an agile environment?
The talk is suited to all levels, from beginners to advanced agile practitioners.
Anyone interested in the agile mindset and real teamwork