Disciplined Agile In A Nutshell
The Disciplined Agile (DA) toolkit provides straightforward guidance to help organizations choose their way of working (WoW) in a context-sensitive manner, providing a solid foundation for business agility.
DA builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean software development, Unified Process, and Agile Modeling to include other aspects necessary for success in the enterprise. DA fills in the gaps left by mainstream methods by providing guidance on how to enable software development team to choose their WoW, how to address DevOps in an enterprise-class setting, how to apply agile and lean strategies to IT, and how to support business agility within your organization.
Our fundamental advice is to start where you are, do the best that you can given the situation that you face, and always try to get better.
The one-day workshop is not technical and is suitable for all team members. Many group exercises reinforce the principles learned. The workshop is also valuable for management tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile
- The DA Mindset - Principles and a modern manifesto
- Disciplined Agile Delivery - Flexible agile software development for the enterprise
- Disciplined DevOps - Going beyond CI/CD
- Disciplined Agile IT - Breaking the "agile is only for software development" barrier
- Disciplined Agile Enterprise - Business agility
- How to choose your Way of Working (WoW)
- How to initially tailor your WoW
- Evolving your WoW via Guided Continuous Improvement (GCI)
- Learn how to apply agile across all aspects of your organization
- Discover how to easily tailor your way of working (WoW) to address the context that you face
- Learn how it's better to succeed early rather than fail fast
Practitioners new to agile who want to get an effective start at enterprise agile Existing agile practitioners and coaches who want to take it to the next level Anyone who wants to escape "methods prison"
Prerequisites for Attendees
Experience with agile