Stop Selling Software and Start Selling Lehengas
In 2016 I quit a very successful career in IT which spanned multiple countries including US, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore & India. I stopped selling software & started selling lehengas! This lead to building Koskii, an ethnic occasion wear brand for women with the learning of an 18 year IT & business career with a global context, working with highly intellectual people and applying those learnings in a local Indian context with a team that was only semi-literate in a business that sold ethnic apparel for women. In this talk, I will be sharing our story and how eventually we managed to set the ball rolling to build a successful retail chain with a vision to scale the world.
Outline/Structure of the Case Study
The story of how Koskii was built!
Applying learning from Agile Product Development world to a Brick & Mortar retail platform
- The art of the possible - "passion" is the most powerful fuel
- How to make a decision to quit your job to follow your heart!
- Building a brand with "customer first" approach
- Lightweight strategy that ties to execution
- Getting all hand on the deck, even employees who dont know how to read & write!
- Visibility & Gamification more powerful then incentives
- Behaviour Driven Visual Merchandising
Product Managers, Product Owners, Org. Leaders
Prerequisites for Attendees